Indiana Racing Memorial Association Board Members Dick Mittman, Howdy Bell, Mark Eutsler, Brian Hasler and Bob Gates pose in front of the group’s 10th historic marker in Veedersburg. In 1909, Indianapolis Motor Speedway President Carl Fisher ordered 3.5 million bricks — 3.2 million of which were installed on the racing surface — from the Wabash Clay Company in Veedersburg at a cost of 13 cents each. The building in which he signed the contract is still standing about a half mile south of the historic marker. The company delivered the bricks in 63 days. IRMA Co-Founders Eutsler and Hasler are holding a panoramic photo of the company and its workers all of whom are identified. It was a gift to IRMA from the Town of Veedersburg. Following the unveiling a tour of the 22-acre site on which 26 kilns once stood was conducted by current owner Mark Carr.